Art and Design
'Every child is an artist.'
Art and Design is an important part of our curriculum as it provides a means of expression for all children. It is a practical subject which stimulates creativity and imagination through the use of a wide range of materials. We develop pupil’s skills by looking at various artists, craft makers and designers that are closely linked to our topics. Children are taught about different cultures and Art and Design throughout history. We encourage children to become their own artists and challenge them to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
By the time our children leave us at the end of KS2 we would like to ensure that all children become:
- Adventurous and create imaginative pieces of work using the techniques they have learnt and developed.
- Independent and create their own unique style.
- Proud of their work and talk about how they were influenced to create their final outcomes.
- Students who persevere and develop different techniques and skills.
- Able to work together to reflect on their own and others work using kindness and constructive feedback.
Art and Design Curriculum Intent
Art and Design Skills Ladder
Glossary and Terms
Art and Design in Foundation
Art and Design in KS1
Art and Design in KS2