- Recognise situations which involve a decision.
- Identify some decisions a person could make and who could help them.
- Describe how some decisions we make can be influenced by other people.
Encourage children to think about how people can influence us in positive and negative ways and why it is important to recognise when we should make our own choices.
Children in KS2: Identify steps we can take to manage negative influences on our opinions or decisions.
Share the mnemonic ‘WATCH’ on the PowerPoint to help children.
- Share the Decision Making scenarios on the PowerPoint and discuss what we would do and if we would let our friend ‘Jack’ influence our decision.
- Make your own copy of the WATCH mnemonic.
Ks1: write keywords for each letter of the WATCH mnemonic.
Ks2: write their own version if the WATCH mnemoinc in sentences.