COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update 19-03-2020
Re: Coronavirus update – school closure to most pupils
Following on from our last update, I’m now writing to let you know that we have now been instructed to close the school to almost all children after this Friday until further notice.
As advised by the government, we will do all we can to offer provision to the children of key workers and children with certain needs.
We are waiting for the government to publish more information on what this means, but it would help us in the meantime if you could let us know if you think your child may fall into one of these categories, if you are anticipating the need for childcare in school. Please let us know by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone 01623 477211 with your child’s name and class and your job role
- You are a member of NHS staff
- You work for the police or armed forces
- You work in the fire and rescue service
- You work for children or adult social care
- You deliver food or medical supplies
- You are a member of school staff providing cover for children in your own school
When we receive confirmation of eligibility from the government, we may update the above list. Please note this childcare will only be available to children who meet the government’s criteria so all other children will need to stay at home and we ask that you do not send your child into school from Monday onwards.
This is a national closure so while it is a challenging situation, we are not alone. We will re-open fully as soon as we can and will let you know when this is through Do-jo, website and twitter.
What we’ll continue doing while your child is at home
Your child’s education is of course important to us, so we’ll continue to help your child practise their school learning.
- All children will be given a home-learning pack. These will be delivered to any children who are not currently in school.
- Staff will regularly update Dojo and the class pages on the website.
- We will be sending you ideas for mindfulness and physical activities.
- Many websites are offering free resources for you all to access.
You will still be able to contact your child’s class teacher and school through Dojo but please note this will only be monitored during school working hours and if the teacher is well enough to do so.
If your child usually receives free school meals we will also be in touch with more information about how we will continue to provide this, with support from a scheme that the government has just announced.
This is as much as we know right now and we appreciate your continued patience with as we deal with this ever-changing situation. We understand that this latest news will have an impact on you and your family and it’s far from ideal, but we’ll continue to keep in touch with any updates as the situation develops.
With best wishesThe Forest Town Team