Someone to listen
At Forest Town Primary School, we strongly believe that children need to be happy and emotionally secure in order for them to be able to learn. We have support in place for all pupils to ensure that they have someone to talk to if they are feeling anxious or worried about anything. We are also able to access external support for children who are finding things difficult.
If you have any concerns regarding your child, please speak to their class teacher in the first instant who will be happy to help you and support your child.
- In school we are able to offer one-to-one support with trained adults if a child is feeling worried and would like to talk to someone.
- Mrs Craggs is our school trained Mental Health First Aider.
- We are a nurturing school and have recently been reaccredited for the 10th year.
- We have interventions that run in school to support our children and their emotional wellbeing.
- Liaison with Healthy Families Team – School Drop Ins (an open forum for parents to attend and discuss any concerns).Please see below some useful websites for parents/carers to support children and young people’s mental health.https://youngminds.org.uk
- If children are still struggling to manage their feelings and emotions despite accessing support in school, we can refer to other support agencies such as; CAMHS and the Healthy Families Team.