The school opened in 1906 and for most of its history comprised the Forest Town Infant school and Forest Town Junior School.
On 1st September 1995 these two schools amalgamated to become Forest Town Primary School.
In September 1996 the Nursery department opened providing part-time nursery education for 80 children.
In February 2003 a new, purpose-built ICT suite was opened.
Our kitchen and dining room opened in September 2004, providing an external building for children to eat their lunch and run our breakfast club.
We set up a nurture group in November 2007 to help us provide for children with specific social needs
In 2010, our new office extension was built, making a new office and reception area for our school.
In 2012, a new outdoor area was developed for our children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), giving them greater opportunities to learn outside, whatever the weather.
In October 2014 a brand new, purpose built Foundation Unit was opened creating an exciting indoor learning environment to work alongside the outdoor area. When the EYFS children moved into their new building, it allowed their old unit to become the Year 1 base where children have an effective transition from the play-based EYFS curriculum to the Year 1 curriculum.
We are continually trying to improve the learning environment for our children and feel well supported by parents and governors in doing this.